Saturday, July 21, 2007

The countdown...

We're so close to the end of our time here in Brazil (at least for now). Right now our plans are to leave on the 30th of this month.....that's only 9 days from now! The only problem is Sofia's American passport. It is supposed to arrive sometime around that time and it may set our plans back several days if it comes later than we expect. So please pray that the process would go quickly and smoothly. Micah has an interview on the 30th down in Brasilia to get his visa for the U.S. We're praying that he is given his visa. If he is denied, we'll have to stay in Brazil for another year so we're really hoping there are no problems with that.

It's very strange to think of leaving Brazil after spending 2 years here. I'm so thankful for my time here, especially living so close to Micah's family. I really feel like I'm part of their family and that wouldn't have happened if we hadn't had this time together. I know Micah and I are very sad that we'll be so far away from them. At the same time I'm so excited to be moving right next to my parents and being able to see them everyday. I really miss that. They're especially anxious to spend time with Sofia.

These next two weeks are going to be quite busy. We'll have the very sad time saying goodbye to Micah's parents, followed by a very happy time saying hello to my parents.

Here's some photos from 2 days ago.




1 Comments:

At 11:00 PM, Blogger Rachel Goulart de León said...

awww..i'll miss my little chunko!
well, i'll miss you too, but next time i see her she'll be so much bigger.. and chunkier!!haha..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!