Friday, April 27, 2007

Doctor update

Well, I went to the doctor on Wednesday and the news wasn't too bad. She wasn't worried about my placenta too much since it was clear that the baby was still getting enough oxygen and nutrients but she was worried about the low amniotic fluid. I guess I'm a level 8, which is the lowest level that is still considered okay. So she told me to drink 2 liters of water a day and twice a week to get an IV that would send a water solution straight into my bloodstream. Then she told me to take another ultrasound in two weeks and if my fluid level was any lower I would need to do a C-Section. If the fluid level is around the same, and 8 or a 9, we would wait a week (until I hit 38 weeks of pregnancy) and then induce labor. I'm not sure if that would have to be a C-Section or not. But hopefully the fluid levels will go up and labor can proceed normally.

I'm planning on doing another ultrasound on Wednesday. I decided there is no way I want to wait two weeks to find out if the problem is getting worse. The doctor had said that if the fluid levels go too low the baby will have trouble breathing and will be in pain. So after she told me that, it's pretty much impossible to wait two weeks not knowing if Sofia is in pain or the situation is getting worse for her. If it ends up being that it's too early to tell and I have to take another ultrasound a week after that one, so be it. I'll gladly pay for an extra ultrasound, to know things haven't gotten worse.

Until then I'm drinking tons of water....(and spending most of my time in the bathroom) :) I'll be sure to update next week after I find out how the next ultrasound goes.

1 Comments:

At 9:41 PM, Blogger Ben & Ruth said...

That's scary Kristy. It is really good that you are so close to 38 weeks! We will be praying for you guys. Thanks for the up date!
Ruth

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!